Tuesday, July 27, 2010

La Mascota

So I dont have too much time to write as I am using teh Peace Corps (PC) office computer but I wanted to give a brief update on my trip in El Salvador. We have now all moved in with our host families in various towns throughout San Vicente. Mine includes an AMAZING abuelita, her daughter, a cousin and an uncle. They have all been amazingly welcome and warm towards me and I havent really felt lonely or sad the entire time I have been living with them. The storms here (since it is winter here) are amazing and tremendous. Imagine a sort of waterfall sound of rain hitting a tin roof with bright lightning, booming thunder...for HOURS!! This aint no east coast weather where it rains and then stops after five minutes. My family sees to it that I eat way more than I ever have been in my life. Other than that, I get a nice wake up call every morning around 3 am from the gallos (roosters), chompipes (turkeys) and the perros. More later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment