Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Leaving in two weeks!!!

So I really cant believe that its only two more weeks until I leave the United States for El Salvador! Its really starting to sink in....The fact that I am going to live in an entirely different culture for the next two years of my life, speaking in a language that I did not grow up with and eating food that may be completely different than anything I have ever had before. I guess I am excited with a side of paranoid nervousness. I am crossing my fingers that this is the right decision to make and that this will keep leading me down the road I want to take in life.
All I want is for the experience to be what I see in my dreams: laughing children, smiling matriarchs, friends of all backgrounds and cultures, and really really good FOOD! I know there will be ups and a lot of downs but I am hoping that the overall arching theme will be bliss :).
I did get a somewhat stressful email from Peace Corps basically telling me that I will no longer be able to wear my flip flops outside of my house. Anyone that knows me even a little will know what a tragedy that is for me! But I think I will manage.
More later when the departure date gets closer!

No comments:

Post a Comment