Saturday, July 17, 2010

Two more days?!

I wanted to take the time to say how freaked out and excited I am at the thought of leaving in two days to live in El Salvador for the next TWO YEARS!! My brother Jason and I were talking yesterday about how this is a major crossroads in my life and looking back, I want to always remember how I felt at this moment in time. Right now, I feel as if I am standing at the edge of something, although I don't know what it is yet (besides the whole leaving thing). I hope I can live up to all the expectations I have of myself and at the same time, try not to have any expectations at all! It's a very conflicting sort of feeling. It's also really new and weird for me because I am, by nature, a planner. I love to plan everything and for this trip, not being able to plan for anything besides maybe the weather, is really hard for me. Basically, I hope you all who read this blog are keeping your fingers crossed for me and thinking encouraging thoughts because the looming next two years are starting to look very daunting now that my time here in the US is drawing to a close. I am fairly sure that once I have said my goodbyes, cried a little (more like bawling like a baby at the airport and then trying to get the red out of my eyes before going through security) I will be ecstatic and wont be able to wait to get down there. I know I will be meeting amazing people, making tons of friends, having lots of fun, and sharing it all with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment