Friday, September 10, 2010

My Site






Yesterday I was assigned to be a Youth Development volunteer in the municipio de Ahuachapan which is in the Southwest region of El Salvador. It is one of the centers of artesenia in the country as well as the home of the Parque Nacional El Imposible. I am about 1.5 hours from the beach where I went for my free weekend. I will be in a small community living with a small host family and helping out in the local school. My site is a town of about 600 people and the school is grades Kinder to 6th with 150 students and 3 teachers. I am super excited and can't wait to get started! I will write more when I get there but so far this is what I know: in nearby Guaymango and Ataco there are ecological parks, a french restaurante where I can buy whole wheat bread and basil as well as a place that sells goat cheese!!!! Thus, I am psyched to be going to one of the most beautiful municipios in the country to work, play and live!

No comments:

Post a Comment