Thursday, September 16, 2010

Juramentacion!

Today I officially get sworn in as a Peace Corps Volunteer! I am really excited to finally be considered a real volunteer and not simply an aspirante. The swearing in ceremony is an official event where members from the embassy come and make us swear our loyalty to Peace Corps and the US of A. Then we get to have a fun party with our host families with a dinner including various comidas tipicas, etc. After the family dinner all the newly sworn in volunteers get to hang out at the Peace Corps office and then later at the hotel. Then, bright and early we get to get on a bus and head out to San Salvador to meet our guias communitarias or community guides who will help us negotiate and meet people in the community where we will be living for two years! My community guides are the school Director and my host dad :). I will really miss all my good friends in Peace Corps: Anna, Katherine, Esther, Jamie, Amy, David, and Jeff.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Sarah! Lisa and I are very proud of you. 2 years!? We'll miss you, but enjoy this amazing adventure.

    We wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete